Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: Wine and Lanscape Engine Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hermes
Junior
Junior

Posted: October 08 2008 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote hermes

Hello,
one of our clients is interested in using our application under Linux. We know you haven´t got a Linux implementation of your VoIP Library so we have thought of using Wine to run our application. Do you have any experience with it?
The first problem we have found has been a SipUdpRxBufferSizeError event error, perhaps a 'dll' of Wine doesn´t support some method and it must to be updated. Could you say me which function is firing SipUdpRxBufferSizeError event? (I refer to windows method that causes your function fire this event)
Thank you very much.
Back to Top View hermes's Profile Search for other posts by hermes

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: October 08 2008 at 7:13am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi hermes,

Take a look at the following post:

VOIP Media Engine and Linux:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=509&PN =1

We conducted Linux/Wine testing in the beginning of September. You are absolutely correct, a change was required in the media engine that was related to setting internal UDP transmit and receive buffer sizes in the network layer of the host. After this small change, we ran our normal media engine test suite under Ubuntu + Wine and everything looked good.

One thing we have to track down yet is a limitation that may exist regarding the total number of concurrent lines that can be created in the media engine when running under Linux/Wine. We just have not had the time to investigate further. We tested media engine based apps under Linux/Wine up to 32 concurrent lines.

Support

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

hermes
Junior
Junior

Posted: October 08 2008 at 7:26am | IP Logged Quote hermes

Excuse me, I hadn´t read the other post about VOIP Media Engine and Linux.
Now we are using v5.12.8.1 so is it possible to update it to v5.12.8.10 or higher?
Thank you very much.

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: October 08 2008 at 8:03am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi hermes,

Yes you can get an upgrade. We will have to abide by the upgrade pricing as published in the online web store ( http://www.lanscapecorp.com/Store/pi1139423304.asp?categoryI d=1).

In the mean time, you may want to get the latest engineering release v5.12.8.14 and give that a test run under Linux/Wine with your application code before you commit. That way if there is some other change that is required due to your testing, we will be able to get that in too.

We are trying to get the v6 media engine released. We just have a ton of work here that is delaying us. This latest engineering release contains all upcoming v6 capability, fixes and enhancements. If you upgrade to this latest engineering release, we will get you a free v6 product image later when it is available. It will be this year.

If you want to try the current engineering release, please post back to this thread and we will mount that for you today. Perform your testing and we will address any issue you may find. Also, take a look at the current engineering release notes here: http://www.lanscapecorp.com/DevResources/VOIP%20Media%20Engi ne%20-%20Engineering%20Release%20Notes.htm

Thanks,

Support

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

hermes
Junior
Junior

Posted: October 08 2008 at 9:11am | IP Logged Quote hermes

Thanks for your response,
I don´t know if my company will want to upgrade VOIP Media Engine now, but it was very interesting if I could try v5.12.8.14 for a few days under Linux/Wine.

Thanks again

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version