Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Service Manager™ Suite
 LanScape Support Forum -> Service Manager™ Suite
Subject Topic: Stop or restart applications while running the service Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
akrdev
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: March 25 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged Quote akrdev

Can I restart or stop an application that runs within the servicemanager without stopping the service?

Can I use command line instead of GUI?

Or can I install two or more services, so I can restart applications individuell?
I have tried with two service managers, but while creating the services is possible, they will not run at the same time.
Back to Top View akrdev's Profile Search for other posts by akrdev

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: March 25 2009 at 7:20pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi akrdev,

Thanks for your post.

<<< You
Can I restart or stop an application that runs within the servicemanager without stopping the service?

Support >>>
No. At the present time. All apps that are under the control of the service manager will all stop and start at the same time.

<<< You
Can I use command line instead of GUI?

Support >>>
If you can, please repost with more specific info. You can perform a net start and net stop on the service manager service name if you want. That also will start and stop all configured processes the same way it works with the service manager console GUI app.

<<< You
Or can I install two or more services, so I can restart applications individuell?
I have tried with two service managers, but while creating the services is possible, they will not run at the same time.

Support >>>
You can have multiple service manager services running but each instance requires its own license file.

To summarize:
You want to be able to start and stop (or restart) individual service manager processes without having to completely stop the service manager service (thus stopping all configured apps)… is this correct?

Maybe we can add this capability to a future release. By chance are you going to deploy the service manager with your products? If so we could add this capability and get you into a “site license”.

Thanks,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

akrdev
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: March 26 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged Quote akrdev

Thats what I wanted to know, thank you.

I want to run few applications as service and stop or restart any of them separately by command line.
I think restart the service will do, but it would be "nice to have".

Thanks again for your quick answer.
Back to Top View akrdev's Profile Search for other posts by akrdev

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: March 26 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote support

Ok.

We have made note of your request and will consider getting it into an upcoming release.

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version