Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: SDK Feature Questions - Developing an IVR Server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guy Swartwood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: March 19 2009 at 3:26pm | IP Logged Quote Guy Swartwood

I want to start of by saying that my questions aren't
too technical in nature but it seems LanScape wants all
pre-sales questions to be placed in this forum.

After looking at the info page with features on VOIP
Media Engine, I believe your SDK maybe what we are
looking for but I wanted to get confirmation on what
your SDK can and cannot do for our situation.

We are looking at creating a customized IVR application.
The gist of the IVR application is:
1. The caller calls in to our service (the call comes in
using VOIP/SIP technology).
2. Using just the keypad, the caller responds to voice
prompts. Some of the caller responses have to be
verified by an external source (such as authentication).
3. After the caller is authenticated, we will record
their voice messages out to an external file. The IVR
application triggers other applications/services that
the voice file has been created.
4. The caller hangs up.

Questions I have:
1. Is VOIP Media Engine a good fit for this?
2. Has VOIP Media Engine been used to develop similar
applications for other clients?
3. Do you have any references of clients who have used
your SDK in a similar fashion?
Back to Top View Guy Swartwood's Profile Search for other posts by Guy Swartwood

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: March 20 2009 at 6:24am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Guy,

Thank you for posting to this support forum. You were absolutely correct to post your questions here.

The IVR and call scenario you outlined in steps 1 through 4 can easily be handled by the media engine.

You >>>
Is VOIP Media Engine a good fit for this?

<<< Support
Yes. For IVR apps, the media engine is perfect. The media engine will handle all the VOIP related stuff (including full in-band and RFC2833 out-of-band DTMF signaling). Your app then can focus on its tasks such as the overall DTMF menu and prompt structure and all the other app specific items you require.

The VOIP media engine will allow your IVR app to handle SIP/RTP calls, stream IVR prompt audio data to any of its many phone lines, process DTMF signaling and many other capabilities that will make your IVR app successful.

You >>>
Has VOIP Media Engine been used to develop similar applications for other clients?

<<< Support
Most definitely yes. VOIP IVR applications is one of the largest deployment scenarios we have for the media engine. I don’t want to make this sound like a huge sales pitch but for IVR apps, the media engine makes it very simple.

The media engine comes bundles with sample example source code. There are two of the samples that perform basid IVR call scenarios. One sample is in C++ code and the other is in managed C#.

You >>>
Do you have any references of clients who have used your SDK in a similar fashion?

<<< Support
The answer is yes. Unfortunately, releasing this type of info is a bit sensitive. Most of our customers who develop their VOIP apps using the media engine tend to not publish the fact they are using our VOIP support. From a marketing standpoint, this is understandable.

We have discussed with some of our customers the need to use them as references and case studies but until this officially happens and we get their blessing to publish their names (and how they are using the media engine), we have to keep quiet. :(

One of the best things you can do is to request a trial of the media engine and start playing. See this following web page to get started:

Test Drive LanScape VOIP Solutions:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ASP%20Files/VoipTestDrive.asp

Thanks again Guy for your great post! Feel free to post any additional questions as needed.

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

Guy Swartwood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: March 23 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote Guy Swartwood

After installing the trial on the machine, which C# sample is the IVR you are referring to in your response?

Back to Top View Guy Swartwood's Profile Search for other posts by Guy Swartwood

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: March 23 2009 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Guy,

Please forgive me; I made a mistake in the previous post. :(

I confused the IVR sample with the conference server sample apps.

There is one native code IVR server sample application and it is in C++. Please see the “Dual Line IVR Server” sample located in the “Software Examples\Native Code\Dual Line IVR Server” directory.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

Guy Swartwood
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: March 24 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote Guy Swartwood

In an attempt to debug why the managed code samples aren't working on my test box, I uninstalled the engine and accidently deleted the trial download image. Can you re-enable me to re-download the trial image?

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: March 25 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Guy,

That happends some times. :)

If you can, simply request a new trial again. It will get processed as normal and you will be able to download again

Thanks,

Randal

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version