Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: Deploying an IVR application (Replace Dialogic HMP software) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jarek Karciarz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: January 26 2011 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote Jarek Karciarz

Hi,

We are considering applying your SDK to make our IVR VOIP enabled. Until now we used most often Dialogic and Diva API. After reading your feature list, it seems SDK would fit well our needs. Especially playing/recording from streams looks very attractive, as we deal with TTS and ASR as well.

But to be fully able to estimate the total costs of your SDK, compared to Dialogic's HMP. I would like to understand well, how about deploying costs or fees?

Assuming, our IVR is a single EXE application, depending on some DLLs, this is obvious, but there is one exe and 2nd assumption we sell most often IVRs serving no more than 64 channels. Bigger installations are rare. So i would buy x64 SDK version. What is to pay when we then sell the IVR. Some installations have 4 channels, some have 8 channels, some 30, but in fact with voip we could have any amount of channels between 1 and 64. Do we have to pay a fully x64 price for every distribution? Or the price contains the right to sell 10 copies of the IVR with amount of channels up to 64?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jarek

Back to Top View Jarek Karciarz's Profile Search for other posts by Jarek Karciarz

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: January 27 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Jarek,

Thanks for your post.

You are correct - the LanScape VOIP Media Engine (LME) does allow for pretty simple TTS and ASR based VOIP applications. We have other customers that do exactly what you want to accomplish.

Unlimited Unrestricted Licensing - Fixed price per year:
The simplest licensing approach is to enter into a licensing/support agreement with LS. Your company pays a fixed fee each year to LS. That way you have 100% freedom to redistribute the LME with your IVR product. The licensing/support agreement has to be renewed each year you deploy your product. We bill your company each year. The licensing/support agreement also includes a guaranteed block of time each month that can be used for support issues if they arise. We offer very good support. Also included with this licensing/support structure is unlimited software updates throughout the year as they become available. I would like to send you a copy of the support/licensing agreement and the pricing via email. Please post back to this thread and let me know if you would like this.

”Block Licensing:
“Block licensing” is very different and hard to administer. We probably will be phasing out the block licensing this year so it would be a good idea to stay away from this approach.

For reference, licensing info appears on this Ls web page:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/LanScapeVoipMediaEn gine.asp

Thank you,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

Jarek Karciarz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: January 27 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged Quote Jarek Karciarz

Hi Randal,
thank you for your response. Yes please email me a sample agreement and the prices
Jarek
Back to Top View Jarek Karciarz's Profile Search for other posts by Jarek Karciarz

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: January 28 2011 at 6:40am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Jarek,

I will email you the licensing/support information right away this morning.

We can then discuss all specific licensing questions and cost related issues via direct email.

By the way – I reviewed your company web site. Very interesting product offerings you have. We would enjoy working with your group.

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version