Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: Subscribe/Dialog/BLF Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
cain06
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 13 2010 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote cain06

Hi,

Does your VOIP Media Engine support SUBSCRIBE specifically to to the 'dialog' event as opposed to just 'presence' event?

Thank you!

Back to Top View cain06's Profile Search for other posts by cain06

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 14 2010 at 1:28pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello cain06,

Thanks for posting to this support forum.

Yes - you should be able to do what you want. I assume you are talking about the dialog “event” as per RFC 4235?

By default when you tell the LanScape VOIP Media Engine (LME) to send a SUBSCRIBE SIP message using the API to some destination, the SUBSCRIBE message will contain a SIP “event header” that will use the event name and parameters you specify.

For example:

Code:

SUBSCRIBE sip:333@192.168.1.2:5062 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.2:5062;rport;branch=z9hG4bK00eec16f
To: <sip:333@192.168.1.2:5062>
Call-ID: a75d919a-8049-4a53-b979-19b09e59bb91-00002e88@192.168.1.2
CSeq: 15640793 SUBSCRIBE
Expires: 3600
Max-Forwards: 70
User-Agent: LanScape Utility Softphone/5.10.0.8
Event: vphone-test-event-0;param="Param1, Param2, Param3" 
x-VOIP-SDK: LanScape VOIP Media Engine/6.0.0.17 (www.LanScapeCorp.com)
Content-Length: 0

In this case, the event name is “vphone-test-event-0” and the parameters appear after the “param=” field.

Your VOIP application has the ability to modify any portion of the ready to be transmitted SUBSCRIBE SIP message in order to modify/add/delete any SIP headers you may require for your application.

I suspect that you would want to modify the default LME Event header to contain the proper information for the subscribe dialog. In that case, your application could completely rewrite the Event header with all the information needed (i.e. the “dialog event name and the “to” and “from” tag parameters).

If you want to post some additional SIP, that would be good and would allow me to help further.

By the way, I checked out your company‘s web site. We would like to do business with your group.

Thanks,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version