Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: HD VOICE Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Sprexo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: April 05 2010 at 9:45am | IP Logged Quote Sprexo

Hi

We have been looking around for a good quality media engine for our softphone. I would appreciate if you can answer the following for us:

1) are there any royalty fees that we need to pay for every installation we do?
2) what about costs for upgrades?
3) HD Voice - some of your competitors are offering HD Voice, is that something you also offer?
4) what about Jitter Buffer, Echo cancelation etc - are these all handled by your media engine?

We eagerly look forward to your response.

Thanks
Back to Top View Sprexo's Profile Search for other posts by Sprexo

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: April 05 2010 at 1:39pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Ali,

Thank you for posting to this support forum. It helps when we answer questions like yours in the support forum instead of direct email.

You >>>
Are there any royalty fees that we need to pay for every installation we do?

<<< Randal
I am not exactly sure what your deployment scenarios will look like, but we maintain a very simple licensing structure.

If you are developing your VOIP application (softphone for example) and you want to deploy an unlimited number of copies of your app, all that is required is to re-license the media engine each year you deploy your software.

We offer another “block” licensing model but it does not make sense for a soft phone deployment. The “block” licensing basically allows up to 10 VOIP applications to be deployed for each license purchased. This is mainly used for server type VOIP applications our customers develop.

My goal is for us to be able to work together. If there is some other licensing model that makes more sense, we can negotiate that off line as appropriate.

You >>>
What about costs for upgrades?

<<< Randal
We do offer upgrades.

If a customer maintains an annual support agreement with us, we upgrade them automatically when new media engine versions are available. There is no limit to the number of upgrades. Through the support agreement, customers get all the latest capabilities, enhancements and bug fixes and do not pay each time an upgrade is available.

If there is no support agreement in place, customers can upgrade to newer versions for 80% of the published license price as per the LS web store.

Note: A support agreement also has the advantage of allowing us to work more closely with our customers in order to perform custom development work, updates and bug fixes in a manner that is more responsive to our customers.

You >>>
HD Voice - some of your competitors are offering HD Voice, is that something you also offer?

<<< Randal
I assume you are referring to G.722.2 - AMR-WB. Currently we are not offering this codec. We have had other requests for this codec. It would be great if we could work with your group to add this codec type to the media engine. Its pretty straight forward for us to support this codec as long as we develop a “stand alone” reference implementation that works and executes in the required internal sample block time the media engine requires. Once we have that, then it’s a matter of integration into the LME.

I will have to check but this codec is patent encumbered and I will have to verify with Voice Age/Sipro regarding the legal ramifications of including it in the LME. We currently support G729 that has similar patent restrictions so I would assume the legalities would be similar. Note: It will be up to the customer to actually license G722 via Voice Age/Sipro as per their (the consortium’s) requirements.

You >>>
…what about Jitter Buffer, Echo cancellation etc - are these all handled by your media engine?

<<< Randal
Receiver jitter control is handled by the media engine.

Line echo cancellation and local echo cancellation are on or “todo” list and will be included in future releases. Similar to the code, I would enjoy working with your group to make this happen faster.

I hope this information helps. Please repost with further questions. I look forward to working with your group.

Thank you Ali,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: April 05 2010 at 5:24pm | IP Logged Quote support

Forwarded from LS support email:
------------------------------

Hi Randal - many thx for a quick response..

We are looking for a very matured media engine product.

Our issues are related to clarity of the voice and it is important that we get that.

I will discuss your email with my colleagues and get back to you asap..

Regards
Ali

Sent from blackberry handset

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version