Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: Mute Microphone Support Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
davidpeek
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: February 18 2010 at 9:05am | IP Logged Quote davidpeek

Hi Randal,
I have the need to transmit a WAV file in a session and this works fine. However, while this WAV file is playing I need to mute the microphone. I don't see how to do this aside from setting the trasmit volume but this will mute the WAV file.   Am I missing something or do I have to handle this outside the LME?
Thanks,
=Dave
Back to Top View davidpeek's Profile Search for other posts by davidpeek

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: February 18 2010 at 10:00am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your post.

I also received your other email yesterday. It sounds like you are making good progress on the VOIP demo.

The long story:
We do have this capability to mute locally recorded audio so the recorded audio does not get added to phone line transmitted media. The native API functionality for local recorded audio control is callback based. If the application registers a callback procedure, the media engine will call it for each sample block of local audio that gets recorded. The application can instruct the media engine to mute the locally recorded audio by specifying a specific return value from the app’s callback proc.

The short story:
Unfortunately this capability is not currently exposed in the managed code API. :(

I recommend that we add a new native and managed code API would control this behavior. In other words, we can add the MuteLocalRecordedAudio() API procedure that will allow the app to mute or un-mute the locally recorded audio. This approach would fit with the current callback mechanism in addition to being very simple to implement and use.

I can deliver this to you today if you give me the OK.

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: February 23 2010 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote support

Additional notes for anyone who reads this post:

As Dave and I worked together on a recent project, we ended up adding two new media engine APIs that simplify certain “audio mute” operations:

MuteRecordAudio()
VOIP applications can call this API procedure to mute all locally recorded audio (for example from microphone input) so that it does not get mixed with other possible sources of phone line transmitted audio.

MutePlaybackAudio()
VOIP applications can call this API procedure to mute all audio that is normally played back on local multimedia hardware.

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version