Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: CallTester config issue Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
prism
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: September 23 2009 at 8:21pm | IP Logged Quote prism

Hi Randal,

I am unable to get the CallTester to make a connection to the SIP Host. When I try to start the media engine it always displays the "SipUnknowHost" error.

I followed the example in the documentation and tried all the variables but no success. I tried to run it on the same computer as our SIP Media Engine is running on as shown in your documentation. I also tried running the tester on different computers and tried connecting to other computers running the SIP Media Engine in our application.

If I'm doing something wrong give me credit for being consistant.

I did stumble on one configuration that let the Media engine start but still no connection to the SIP Host machine itself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim
Back to Top View prism's Profile Search for other posts by prism

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: September 25 2009 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Jim,

Excuse the delay in this post. I have to verify something and I will post again shortly.

Thank you,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: September 25 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged Quote support

Jim,

OK, I see what is probably occurring…

When you start the call tester app, you should see the main dialog GUI.

You will see three check boxes to the upper right of the GUI named:

“Enable event log server”
“Enable SIP log server”
“Enable message log server”

Uncheck all three of these check boxes and everything should work.

The reason you are getting the SipUnknownHost error from the call tester’s media engine is because when the three check boxes from above are enabled, the call tester is trying to get the IP address for the event, SIP and message log servers that are configured in the three edit fields immediately to the left of the check boxes.

By default the three fields have the values:

ps:19000
ps:18000
ps:19003

The server machine "ps” does not exist in your network. The media engine is trying to resolve the server name “ps” to get the server's IP address. The IP address resolution fails and the media engine generates the SipUnknownHost error back to the call tester app.

Important:
This version of the call tester app comes with v6.0.0.11 media engine DLL. Make sure to place the call tester into its own directory so that it uses the media engine DLL that comes with the call tester. Do not mix another media engine DLL version with this call tester.

Post again if I have missed something.

Thanks Jim,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

prism
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: October 07 2009 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote prism

Hi Randal,

Thanks. That did make the Call Tester work as expected. Our load testing is progressing well. We will keep you posted on our progress.

Jim
Back to Top View prism's Profile Search for other posts by prism

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: October 07 2009 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote support

OK :)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version