Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: Don’t work redistribution and one more quest Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DivineBird
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: July 01 2009 at 2:10am | IP Logged Quote DivineBird

Hello!

I create the program using your SDK. For working on another PC that don't have SDK I have include this code

Code:

char RedistCode[] = "..................."
                    "...................";
InitializeMediaEngine(RedistCode,0);

When I run the program on this step there are no errors.
Later I use function StartSipTelephony... So, when I start the program on PC with SDK the program work, when I start on PC without SDK this function return "SipCallFailure". Interesting, that when I include Redistribution Code in example program and run on PC without SDK all work good! Please, halp me with this problem.

And another question. When use active line more then one hour with G729 delay can be more than one minute. For the information, I use self wrote library that use waveInOpen and other functions. Problem seen on playing, but when I use quiet mode there are all good. Wave is playing without any artifacts.
Back to Top View DivineBird's Profile Search for other posts by DivineBird

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 01 2009 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello DivineBird,

Thank you for your post.

Item 1 - Redistributing the media engine:
It sounds like you are doing everything correct. Hmmm… strange…

To redistribute your VOIP app and the media engine, all you have to do is:

1)
You must specify the proper redistribution string in the call to the InitializeMediaEngine() API procedure. See your “CustomerLog.html” file that came with the product image. Look for the “Redistribution Code” string in this file.

2)
Also make sure you include the proper “microcode” license file into your software build. You must specify a pointer to the license info via the pPersonalityMicrocode member of the START_SIP_TELEPHONY_PARAMS structure that is passed to the API procedure StartSipTelephony().

Item 2 – Trial software:
Are you using trial software or has your group purchased a full product version?

Sorry for this question, but I can’t remember if your group purchased from us. Maybe you possibly purchased using a different company name?

Item 3 – G729 delay:
This is not good. I am not sure at this point where your audio delay is occurring. At worst case (even if there is a bug in the media engine), the max internal signal delay of the media engine would be 1.2 seconds.

Maybe I am not completely understanding your explanation. We must discuss this further. When the media engine operates, there should be no build up in playback audio delay when playing back received audio on local multimedia hardware and there should be no build up of “play out” audio delay in the media engine phone line transmit audio. I will need you to elaborate further.

Item 3 – Media Engine Version:
What version of the media engine are you using?

Please repost to this thread if I have missed something and if we need to clarify further. We are here waiting to help.

Thank you,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

DivineBird
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: July 01 2009 at 9:53pm | IP Logged Quote DivineBird

Hello!

support wrote:

To redistribute your VOIP app and the media engine, all you have to do is:

1)
You must specify the proper redistribution string in the call to the InitializeMediaEngine() API procedure. See your “CustomerLog.html” file that came with the product image. Look for the “Redistribution Code” string in this file.

2)
Also make sure you include the proper “microcode” license file into your software build. You must specify a pointer to the license info via the pPersonalityMicrocode member of the START_SIP_TELEPHONY_PARAMS structure that is passed to the API procedure StartSipTelephony().

As I said I compile one of the example project with microcode and redistribution code and have run on PC without SDK and it had worked good.

But when I do all this for my project it don't wont to run.

support wrote:

Item 2 – Trial software:
Are you using trial software or has your group purchased a full product version?

Item 3 – Media Engine Version:
What version of the media engine are you using?

I have bought license. My company name is VEC-Vladivostok. I have 6.0.0.11 version.

support wrote:

Item 3 – G729 delay:

I create next construction. One PC is source of sound. Another PC connect to first and receive voice and play it on acoustic system. Third connect to second and also play received audio for example on headset. So on second PC sound plays with delay, but on third all good. I didn't make long experiments with long playing on third PC but I think if playing will be long there will be delay also. It is delirium but may be one final sound package become more then initial while compressing and decompressing?

All regards Vasily Avilov.

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 02 2009 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Vasily,

Thank you for your clarifications.

It sounds like you are doing everything correct. Would it be possible to get a zipped archive image of your app code so we can test it here? We can sign a mutual non disclosure agreement with you if required to protect your application code and ideas if required.

It must be something simple I am missing. If you can build and run one of our example apps on another machine without the SDK installed, then we know everything works. We just need to figure out what is different with your app’s build and/or source code. The 2 points I previously cited are all that needs to be done in order to “redistribute” your VOIP application.

Are you using the native code API or are you using the .NET wrapper?

Item 2 – Audio Delay:
You have media engine v6.0.0.11. I think we should update you to media engine v6.0.0.15 which is the latest version that is shipping.

In v6.0.0.12 of the media engine, we updated the time scaling algorithms in the audio playout paths for the phone lines. This may resolve your delay issue.

Here is the version info for the media engine on the web:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/VOIP%20Media%20Engi ne%20Version%20History.htm

See v6.0.0.12 item #4 for the description: “Local transmit audio playout path improvements”.

Without further investigation into your exact situation, I am not sure why you would be experiencing large audio delays. Regardless of the cause of the delay, the first step is to get you updated to the latest media engine version to determine if all of your delay issues can be resolved. If we still have the same audio path delay issues using the latest version, then we can dig deeper to determine the possible cause. Please let me know if you would like to be upgraded to the latest version. We can get that ready quickly for you. There will be no charge or upgrade fee because you just recently made your media engine purchase.

Best,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

DivineBird
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: July 02 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged Quote DivineBird

This problem have been resolved. I don't know how work function InitializeMediaEngine, but if I use construction like

Code:
void Init()
{
 char InitCode[] = "................";
 InitializeMediaEngine(InitCode, 0);
}

And later on I run StartSipTelephony... And receive error.
So I think that InitializeMediaEngine function use InitCode code but don't keep it. When function complete variable InitCode finish too. And we have error.

Item 2 – Audio Delay:

I will gladness to download new version of SDK, but I cannot connect to sftp. I use FileZilla that I have downloaded from your site. Here is the log

Code:
Status:     Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response:     220 LanScape i7 Quad Core support server
Command:     AUTH TLS
Response:     234 AUTH command OK. Initializing SSL connection.
Command:     USER ____
Response:     331 User name okay, need password.
Command:     PASS __________
Response:     530 Not logged in.
Error:     Could not connect to server

As I have understood month of technical service had passed and access had been closed...

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 03 2009 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Vasily,

Yes, you are absolutely correct. The redistribution code you specify must be a static pointer to a string that will exist for the life of your application. It cannot be a stack variable.

I completely missed this point in my previous post. My mistake.

We will look into this issue further. We may want to update the media engine to remove this requirement or possibly update the software Developer’s Reference to document this requirement.

You did a great job isolating the cause.

Item 2 – Audio Delay:
Yes, your support FTP account was disabled.

I have updated your support FTP account with v6.0.0.15 of the media engine. You can now download the current product image.

If the audio delay issue you reported still persists after switching to this latest version, we will investigate further.

Thank you,

Randal

DivineBird
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: July 06 2009 at 2:36am | IP Logged Quote DivineBird

I don't know what is happening with your FTP but I cannot connect.

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 06 2009 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Vasily,

Try it now. We have been working on the network over the holiday.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

Randal

DivineBird
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: July 07 2009 at 5:06pm | IP Logged Quote DivineBird

I have tested last version, the delay has disappeared. Thank you!
And I have one more question. Soon I wont to buy further to my license more work lines. How can I do this using Visa card?

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: July 08 2009 at 10:04am | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Vasily,

Its good to know the delay issue is gone. Nice work!

If you need to upgrade your current media engine license to allow more concurrent phone lines, you can email us using the following top web page email form:

LanScape Sales and Marketing Group:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ASP%20Files/SalesAndMarketing.as p

Just send us an email when you are ready to upgrade your number of phone lines. Let us know how many phone lines you need and we can instruct further.

Customers can upgrade to whatever phone line density they require within 12 months of the original media engine purchase and simply pay the difference in price.

Thank you,

Randal

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version