Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Technical Support
Subject Topic: Assertion Failed Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
ajdiaz
Junior
Junior

Posted: June 11 2009 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote ajdiaz

Hi Support,

We are getting a LME error at runtime. The error message says:

Assertion Failed!
Program
File: AckMsg .cpp
Line 216
Expression: statusMsg . getNumVia() > 0

I will email you screen shots that describe much better the problem.

We did see this error twice even when using your Sample Caller application.

This error is happening very often in our application that sends many outbound calls at the same time. It basically crashes after getting this error message. If you click in [Retry] then you get an error message that says there is a User Defined Breakpoint (screenshot via email too).

Please look into this issue and let us know. Thankfully the file name and line number are shown in the error message so this should help you a lot.

Thanks for your support.

-AJD

Back to Top View ajdiaz's Profile Search for other posts by ajdiaz

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 12 2009 at 12:29pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello Aj,

Thanks for posting this info.

We have updated the media engine so that the Release build assertions you are seeing should no longer fire. Thanks for pointing this out.

Question 1:
When you are making outgoing calls using our “call tester app”, is it possible that you could send us a SIP log or WireShark log file that contains all SIP traffic for the calls when this error is experienced?

We want to make sure that there is no SIP handling issue. It appears that a SIP response in at least one of your call flows does not contain a SIP Via Header in an INVITE response. It could be a malformed SIP response or a media engine SIP parsing issue. We can only tell if we have some sort of SIP log for the call that generates this error.

If you can, enable SIP logging in the call tester and generate the error. We will look at your resulting SIP log.

Question 2:
Please give me a simple description of the SIP call flows when the call tester is running. Please describe all the SIP elements in the call flows (call tester, proxy, gateway, etc).

Thank you,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

ajdiaz
Junior
Junior

Posted: June 12 2009 at 1:12pm | IP Logged Quote ajdiaz

Hi Support:

Question 1:
I will email to [edited due to spam] a SIP log file from today. The error happened twice today. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact time that error happened.

Question 2:
I have not used the call tester in a while. I do not have a SIP log file. But hopefully our SIP log file will provide insight.

By when can we have a new build? Also, will it include the feature that we are waiting on (the record delay)?

Thanks for all your help.

-AJD

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 12 2009 at 1:25pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Aj,

Question 1:
Ok – any SIP log is helpful.

Question 2:
Ok – understood.

I will post again shortly when we have an updated media engine image for you. We want to get this updated “engineering release” image to you yet today.

The “record delay feature” and this latest assertion issue will be addressed in the new media engine image.

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

ajdiaz
Junior
Junior

Posted: June 12 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged Quote ajdiaz

Thanks.

I can estimate that one of the crashes happened at around 6/12/2009 12:25:51 PM EST while calling 6026943081.

And the other one estimated at 6/12/2009 12:13:58 PM while calling 2483668295.

I'm 80% sure.

Hope this helps.

-Alex

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 15 2009 at 2:43pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Alex,

I wanted to post a detailed description of why the media engine was asserting in the release product build and what the cause was that exhibited this behavior.

I looked into your SIP log file with more detail. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to get that to us.

I see what is happening and why the media engine previously generated the release build assertions. First off, the release build assertions should have not been included in the production build. This was an oversight on our part. We have corrected the issue.

The reason the media engine was asserting was because it was receiving INVITE responses for cancelled calls (i.e. “SIP/2.0 487 Request Cancelled”). This is perfectly OK. The problem is the PSTN servers you use sometimes contain a via header in the INVITE responses and sometime there is no Via header in the INVITE response.

For example:

An INVITE response for a call that was cancelled – has the Via header (v:):

Code:

SIP/2.0 487 Request Cancelled
v: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.50.88:5060;received=192.168.50.88;rport=5060;branch=z9hG4bK6de895fe
f: "Resident Alert" <sip:8669950533@216.82.224.202>;tag=6de87e5e
t: <sip:+19548826682@216.82.224.202>;tag=a8e71973687742009611164456
i: 949acfd6-c6c9-4c9a-a5b3-a5f1a45d626d-00001ce0@192.168.50.88
CSeq: 15255819 INVITE
l: 0 

An INVITE response for a call that was cancelled – no Via header (v:):

Code:

SIP/2.0 487 Request Cancelled
f: "Resident Alert" <sip:8669950533@216.82.224.202>;tag=71746774
t: <sip:+12483668295@216.82.224.202>;tag=9615100191221200961212173
i: eb6e2c3c-142b-4dbb-a502-8334c39106d7-00001ce0@192.168.50.88
CSeq: 7635086 INVITE
l: 0 

As far as I know, the INVITE responses should all contain Via header from the SIP servers (the Via header should be the same as the original INVITE request). You might want to contact bandwidth.com and see why their equipment sometimes does not have the “Via:” headers in the INVITE responses. It is a bit strange.

What we have done is to allow the media engine to handle missing “Via:” headers in these types responses. We should not run into this issue again.

Randal

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 15 2009 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Alex,

I almost forgot… One other note regarding your SIP log files…

We will be supporting “183 Session Progress” early media in an upcoming version of the media engine.

Your bandwidth.com servers want to use early media (“183 Session Progress” – PRACK – “200 OK”). When we get these updates implemented, it might be a good idea for us to test with your PSTN service provider. Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in allowing us to do via one of your “PSTN accounts”.

Thank you,

Randal

ajdiaz
Junior
Junior

Posted: June 17 2009 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote ajdiaz

Randal,

So far, no more 'Assertion Failed Error Messages'.

Yes, I suppose we could take advantage of the 183 once you've implemented it and use one of our PSTN accounts to test. We would need to coordinate a test plan.

Thanks.

-AJD

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 18 2009 at 7:55am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Alex,

Assertion failed:
This is good news. If you see anything else that is strange, just let us know.

We are completing one final update to v6.0.0.14 before we can officially release. We are hopeful that we can release this new possible version sometime next week. I have made a note that you require a product update. I will contact you when the new media engine image is ready.

Testing “183 Session Progress” early media support:
Thanks for considering working with us on this. I have made a note regarding this. We would only ask to perform testing with your PSTN provider when we are sure we have an acceptable implementation. I suspect we would only want to test a few calls using their Sonus equipment they have deployed.

Best,

Randal

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: June 25 2009 at 3:58pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hello AJ,

I have updated your support FTP account with v6.0.0.15 of the media engine. There is an 8 line version and a 512 line version ready for you to download. This latest version includes the updates for the latest issues we have been discussing in this thread and in the following thread:

Assertion Failed:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=588&PN =1

What’s the cost of this update?
Nothing.

We decided to simply use your combined support hours for May, June and July to help cover this update. I hope this helps a bit at your end.

Be sure to repost to this thread in case I missed something.

Thank you,

Randal

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version