Return to LanScape's home page Go back a page...       Active TopicsActive Topics   Display List of Forum MembersMember List   Knowledge Base SearchSearch   HelpHelp  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
 LanScape Support Forum -> LanScape VOIP Media Engine™ - Pre-Sales Technical Support
Subject Topic: DTMF detection status Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
peter.conklin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 01 2008 at 11:14pm | IP Logged Quote peter.conklin

Hi Randal,

Firstly just wanted to let you know that the testing with the SipXECS is now working perfectly in our test code.

I have been playing with getting out of band DTMF working and came across this post on the forums:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=421&KW =2833

It implies that the Internal DTMF functions would not be available until v6 is that correct? (Even though it appears in the User Manual)

I have set the EnableDtmf to TRUE in the Startup Parms but when I try to call InitializeRfc2833DtmfDecoder(hSipEngine,0)
I get the following return: "SipInternalDtmfSupportNotEnabled".

I take it this is due to the support being unavailable until v6?
We are using the v5.12.8.13 DLL Only - Expires 12-30-08.zip version.

If there is a beta version of the Internal DTMF support we would be interested in testing that out, and when would v6 be coming out?

For our application the important features are out of band DTMF, Bridging calls (perhaps using conference feature)
and the registration with SipXECS (which is now working).

Less important would be Modem/Fax detection. Is there a way we can 'hack' the DTMF in band detector tables to detect other tones (e.g. GNG/CED tones etc?)
More impotantly, could the In band and out of band run at the same time (i.e. to detect out of band DTMF and fax/modem at the same time).

Regards

Back to Top View peter.conklin's Profile Search for other posts by peter.conklin

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 02 2008 at 6:29am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting this content to the forum. It helps me a lot and allows others to take advantage of the information we share.

Registering with SipXECS:
That is good to know. Most registration issues or other SIP problems are simple to cure. They all fall under the category of SIP interop- issues. For the most part, pretty easy to find the issue and get fixed.

Media Engine fully integrated (Internal) DTMF:
The version info for the media engine is here:
http://www.lanscapecorp.com/ProductPages/VOIP%20Media%20Engi ne%20Version%20History.htm

The Fully integrated DTMF has been in the product since v5.12.8.2. You probably have a trial license file for the v5 products. v5 product licenses will not enable the integrated DTMF capability of the media engine. That is probably why you are getting the SipInternalDtmfSupportNotEnabled error. However, if you have a trial product license that has enabled the internal DTMF of the media engine (see your CustomerLog.html file – at the end it will say “IntegratedDtmfEnabled: YES” in the licensing details), then it must be that the following values of the START_SIP_TELEPHONY_PARAMS structure are not set correctly when they are passed to the StartSipTelephony() API procedure:

BOOL DtmfEnabled;
BOOL DtmfTonesPlayedLocally;
BOOL DtmfTonesTransmittedOutPhoneLines;
int DtmfLocalAudioPlaybackBuffering;
int DtmfPhoneLineAudioBuffering;
int DtmfIncomingPhoneLineEventBuffers;

The conservative (and best) thing to do is dump the current version you are working with and request a v6 trial product image to complete your testing. The Release 6 media engine has new sample apps and updated Software Developer’s Reference in addition to the latest .NET support and media engine .NET class Reference that integrates into Visual Studio products from Miscrosoft. You definitely want to work with the Release 6 product image moving forward.

… and when would v6 be coming out?:
VOIP Media Engine Release 6 was released about 2 weeks ago.

For our application the important features are out of band DTMF:
Not a problem. Both types of DTMF (in-band and RFC2833) generation and detection are all handled by the media engine. App design is now much simpler.

For our application the important features are Bridging calls (perhaps using conference feature):
Yup, that is definitely a way to do it.

Modem/Fax tone detection:
I haven’t looked at the tone requirements for modem and fax lately so forgive my memory. We have powerful in-band tone detection capability. The cool thing is the characteristics of the tone decoder blocks used in the in-band DTMF portion of the product are completely tunable. What that means is that we can theoretically tune the same in-band DTMF filter banks for whatever frequencies we want to detect. Its pretty slick. We could talk about this more once you become a customer. Alternate in-band tone detection could be added to the media engine as an enhancement.

…could the In band and out of band run at the same time?:
Yes.

Other important LanScape info:
I am the original founder of this company and run a small R+D shop. On occasion, I have a few other contract engineers working with me when the workload gets too heavy but for the most part all the sweat and effort that goes into all the LanScape products is due to me working long hours for many, many months at a time (understatement of the year). I would like to see you license the media engine before 2008 is over if possible.

It would also be beneficial for your group to enter into a one year post-sales support agreement with us. That way we can assist your group using a higher level of support than just the free 1 month post-sales support forum we offer. We can also keep your media engine software updated at every release throughout the support agreement year. There are many advantages to the enhanced support we offer. Please inquire further. I will send you the general outline.

Another possibility that I would like you to consider is allowing us to assist your group from a contract standpoint. I really enjoy working directly with the customers when I get a chance.

I have other info I will probably post this month to the support forum that will explain to everyone what changes have been going on here and what we are planning for 2009. Anyway, we can talk more about all the possibilities later.

One more thing: If possible, I would like to discuss your VOIP development with you and understand all the goals you are trying to achieve. I am curious about the deployment scenarios you are contemplating and the VOIP functionality your media engine based products require. If this sounds good, let me know and I will set up my VOIP system here so that you can REGISTER and we can chat free via the net.

Repost to this thread if I have missed something.

Thanks,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

peter.conklin
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:01pm | IP Logged Quote peter.conklin

see your CustomerLog.html file – at the end it will say “IntegratedDtmfEnabled: YES” in the licensing details
Thanks, that explains why, it wasn't in the Customer.log file

The conservative (and best) thing to do is dump the current version you are working with and request a v6 trial product image to complete your testing
Will do that right away.

It would also be beneficial for your group to enter into a one year post-sales support agreement with us
Yes,one month would not suit us anyway. Would definately need ongoing support and future updates.

Back to Top View peter.conklin's Profile Search for other posts by peter.conklin

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 09 2008 at 10:15am | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Peter,

Thanks much for the additional feedback.

Here’s a thought:
If your group could license the media engine before the end of 2008 and we can execute the enhanced support agreement before the end of this December (so it is in place), that would be very good. That way everything would be in place for the start of the new year and we can hit the ground running.

Thanks Peter,

Randal

Back to Top View support's Profile Search for other posts by support Visit support's Homepage

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 09 2008 at 10:23am | IP Logged Quote support

Peter,

By the way, you guys have a great company web site. Straight forward, clean and good looking. Nice.

If you want, go ahead and post to this forum thread your main home page so others can take a look. If not, no worries…….

Randal

Miffy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posted: December 22 2010 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote Miffy

ping
Back to Top View Miffy's Profile Search for other posts by Miffy

support
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: December 22 2010 at 12:44pm | IP Logged Quote support

Hi Miffy,

Is there a specific question you have?

The Lanscape VOIP Media Engine (LME) has fully supported DSP in-band and RFC2833 DTMF detection and generation since the version 6 media engine has been released quite a while ago.

Please post with additional questions if you have. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Randal

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version